Lost And Replacement Library Cards
When you register for a New York Public Library card, you accept responsibility for all items on the card, all use made of the card and all charges made against it until your card is reported lost. The Library must have a record of your card having been reported lost, or it is not considered lost. Therefore it is to the patrons benefit to report the loss or theft of a library card immediately.
The cost of replacing a lost or stolen library card is $1.00. This fee is assessed at the time the card is reported lost.
Report lost cards by phone, in person at any Library location, or by e-mail. Patrons who live outside the five boroughs in New York State should e-mail a scan of their photo ID with proof of address and an indication that a replacement card is requested.
Usage Guidelines And Regulations
- Copyright laws limit CDs, DVDs, and video games to home viewing only and prohibit their duplication.
- Please keep multimedia materials away from direct sunlight or sources of heat.
- Multimedia materials playback equipment must be at room temperature 2 hours before use.
- Multimedia recorder heads must be cleaned regularly, according to the amount of player use, in order to prevent damage to the material.
- Failure to comply with these policies may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Queens Public Library assumes no responsibility for damage to any camcorder, DVD player, or other equipment privately or personally owned, which may result from use of its video materials.
Special Notes On Young Adult Borrowers
Young Adults who are age 13 through 17 or are in the seventh to twelfth grade are not required to present identification to obtain an application for a library card.
- Young Adult borrowers have access to the same library materials as Adult borrowers.
Parents/guardians of teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17 may be given information about overdue materials only, upon presentation of the youths library card barcode number, printed overdue notice, or personal identification that confirms that the adult is the youths parent/guardians
You May Like: Parking At Barclays Center Brooklyn
Can I Use My New York Public Library Card In Brooklyn
If you have a New York City library card, you can use it there. It can be linked to your account at New York, Brooklyn, and Queens Public Library Systems, and it is the only card accepted at all three.
The New York City Public Library System now provides free admission to 67 museums in the city. Passes for free entry to the New York City Museum can be obtained online from the New York City, Queens, and Brooklyn public libraries. It is only available for free once a year at each museum, with the exception of the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
The Brooklyn Public Library has a wide variety of resources available to residents and visitors alike. The library card can be used to borrow books, DVDs, CDs, and digital downloads, as well as access databases of newspapers, magazines, and other materials. There is also free Wi-Fi available at the library, as well as a number of programming events. Residents of New York City can use the Brooklyn Public Library card to get around. You can also look through a variety of databases of newspapers, magazines, and other materials at the library. The library also offers Wi-Fi and allows patrons to borrow books, DVDs, CDs, and digital downloads. With the Brooklyn Public Library card, visitors to the borough can take advantage of a number of valuable services.
Our New Mobile App Is Here
In order to obtain a full-access BPL library card, you must first apply online and show a valid ID at any of our BPL locations. Weve released a new mobile app. The Library App for Android includes everything you need to connect to the Library from your phone, such as self-check books, find out about library programs, and look up books. Libby, our librarys app, is available for free on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store . You can use Libby to look for your nearest library, borrow books, and get directions. Our new mobile app is now available. Our search tool can assist you in locating what you are looking for if you are searching for something specific. We also offer online access to our librarys collections, as well as access to your borrowing history and book checks.
Also Check: Free Food Distribution In Brooklyn
Special Notes On Organizational Borrowers
- Cards of this type are available only to organizations located in the five boroughs of NYC.
- In order to receive an organizational borrowers card, a brief letter of request on organizational letterhead must be submitted along with the completed application form. The authorized person who signs the application form must show identification and his/her name will be added to the record alongside the name of the organization.
- Only one card will be issued to any organization. The organization will be responsible for all materials borrowed.
- If the organization has a change of address or phone number, or the card is lost, the library must be notified immediately.
- All regulations of the New York Public Library apply to the organizational borrowers card.
- Organizational cards are valid for one year.
Renew Or Validate Your Card
All adult, teen and child library cards for cardholders in the NY Metro area and NY State expire and must be renewed every three years. New library card applicants who applied for a card online must validate their card before full cardholder privileges can be extended.
Cardholders in the New York Metropolitan Area must visit any New York Public Library location to present the required forms of identification in order to renew or validate their card.
Cardholders from areas of NY State outside of the Metro NY area may email scans or copies of the required forms of identification to .
Researchers outside of New York State who wish to use the Library’s online databases should contact an NYPL research division to inquire about access.
Recommended Reading: How To Graduate Early From High School In New York
Get A Digital Library Card Today In A Few Easy Steps
If you are 13 or older and live, work, attend school, or pay property taxes in New York State, you can get a free digital library card right now using this online form. Visitors to New York State can also use this form to apply for a temporary card.
With a digital library card you get free access to the Librarys wide array of digital resourcesincluding e-books, databases, educational resources, and more.
Burlington Public Library Member Benefits
With a library card number, you can:
- Borrow books, audiobooks, DVDs, video games, technology, and so much more from our seven branches city-wide.
- Design, innovate, and fabricate things at our MakerSpace creativity studio.
- Access a variety of digital resources on a wide range of topics such as genealogy, consumer information, travel, health, literature, and history
- Borrow books and DVDs in many languages: Indigenous Peoples of Turtle Island, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Korean, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Urdu.
- Borrow from Hamilton Public Library’s physical collection, too!
Members and non-members alike can:
- Use the Internet for free at all locations. We have wireless access at all branches. WiFi at Kilbride branch is accessible through the Halton District School Board.
- Get informed and entertained at library programs and events.
- Use computers and at all locations.
- Rent meeting space.
Read Also: What You Must See In New York City
Brooklyn Public Library Renew Books
The Brooklyn Public Library allows users to renew books online through the library website. To renew a book, users must first login to their account using their library card number and PIN. Once logged in, users can view a list of their checked out items and select which items they would like to renew. Items that are eligible for renewal will have a Renew button next to them. Users can also renew items by calling the librarys automated telephone renewal system at 718-230-2100.
How To Get A Free Library Card
Come into your local library branch and bring along your Ontario driver’s licence or two pieces of identificationor self-register now for a library card by completing the online application. As a member, you can have one 14-digit library card number only, either provided through online registration or on a plastic library card that you get at a branch.
- Students may use their student card, YMCA card, birth certificate, current report card, or Social Insurance Number card for ID.
- A parent or legal guardian needs to sign the library card for their child up to and including age 12.
If you work, go to school, or own property in Burlington but don’t live here
- Bring proof of employment, enrollment, or property tax payment. You will have full borrowing privileges at BPL including access to online resources.
If you’re a member of Hamilton, Halton Hills, Milton, or Oakville Public Library
- If you are currently a member of a neighbouring library system, you have full borrowing privileges at BPL except online resources. Please visit any BPL branch in-person and bring in your valid HPL, HHPL, MPL, or OPL card and photo ID with your current address. We will create a BPL account for you.
If you live or work outside of Burlington and want full membership benefits
If you are new to Canada
Recommended Reading: Manhattan Ks Real Estate Agents
Required Documents For Library Cards
Government Issued Photo Identification: current driver’s license, state photo identification, passport or military identification. Additional forms of identification may be accepted and approved at the discretion of the Library Director.
Proof of Residency: specific documentation to verify residence is also required at BPL. Please note, post office boxes cannot verify residential status and therefore cannot be used as your primary address. Some examples of specific documentation to verify residence include, but are not limited to: utility bill, rental or lease agreement or property tax receipt.
Brooklyn Public Library Online
The Brooklyn Public Library has an online presence that allows users to access a catalog of books, e-books, movies, and more. There is also a mobile app that allows users to access their account and checkout materials. The website also provides access to research databases, digital collections, and events and programs.
Patrons of the Brooklyn Public Library can borrow free, discounted, and frequently used books, audiobooks, and movies. If youre using a library mobile app, you can check out books and audiobooks by using the self-check feature. The Library also has a large collection of digital books, audiobooks, and movies. The Brooklyn Public Library is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. More information can be found on the Brooklyn
Read Also: 24 Hour Animal Hospital Brooklyn Ny
How To Get A Library Card In New York State
Anyone in New York State is eligible for a library card. Anyone who lives, works, attends school, or pays property taxes in New York State is entitled to a library card for free. The temporary card can be used by out-of-state visitors. It is acceptable to borrow books or magazines from our library if you do not have a valid ID, but we will not be able to provide you with a valid ID.
Can You Sit In The Brooklyn Public Library
Yes, you can sit in the Brooklyn Public Library. The main branch is located at 10 Grand Army Plaza, and there are 60 branches throughout the borough. The Brooklyn Public Library is the fifth largest public library system in the United States.
In New York City, there are three separate and independent public libraries: the Brooklyn Public Library, the Bronx Public Library, and the Staten Island Public Library. The Bronx Public Library is located in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island, while the Queens Public Library is in Queens, serving Queens. The Brooklyn Public Library also provides a variety of services such as browsing, meeting rooms, and so on. The library also provides outdoor seating during the summer months. The store is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. For more information, go to the Brooklyn Public Librarys website.
Also Check: Ridgewood Savings Bank Bronx Ny
The Brooklyn Public Library: A Great Resource For Books Dvds Music And More
At the Brooklyn Public Library, patrons can find a wide range of books, DVDs, music, and other materials. As well as a variety of online resources, classes, and programs, there are a number of other services available at the library. With the help of the library, you can use its various resources and learn how to search for books, renew items, and learn how to use them. The library also allows you to keep track of your items by providing a variety of methods such as how many times an item can be renewed and how long an item can be kept.
Managing Your Account Faqs
How do I get notifications about my library account?, collapsed
Print this Answer
How do I update my email address?, collapsed
Print this Answer
How do I update my address?, collapsed
Print this Answer
Does my library card expire? How do I renew it?, collapsed
Print this Answer
How can I view items I have checked out and/or fines on my account?, collapsed
Print this Answer
The email address in my library card record is not right, but I can’t remember what our email address is. Could you check my husband’s card and tell me what it is?, collapsed
Print this Answer
Can you tell me what items are out or overdue on the card of my child?, collapsed
Print this Answer
Can my friend/child/spouse/parent use my library card?, collapsed
Print this Answer
I lost my library card. What should I do?, collapsed
Print this Answer
Where can I find my library card number?, collapsed
Print this Answer
Read Also: How To Watch Csi New York
What You Need To Obtain A Card
Adult applicants will need to provide photo ID.
- A parent or guardian must be present to provide photo ID for a full access card. Limited-access is available for youth without an adult present.
- The parent/guardian will sign the application and assume responsibility for materials borrowed on the card.
- Youth are welcome to use the librarys entire collection, subject only to the parents guidance.
An organization or agency:
- The applicant will need to be present to sign the application, provide photo ID, and will assume responsibility for the account, and should be an individual who is legally authorized to enter into contractual obligations.
- A maximum of two cards will be allowed per agency.
- A card must be present to borrow library materials. The Library will assume the cardholder is authorized by the agency to borrow materials.
How To Support The Library
You can support the Los Angeles Public Library in several ways:
- Join a Friends group. There is a Friends of the Library group for most branch libraries and departments of the Central Library. Friends groups raise money for improvements to their library through memberships, used book sales and other activities. For more information or talk to your local librarian.
- Join the Library Foundation of Los Angeles. The Library Foundation is a non-profit organization that raises funds for Library enhancement programs such as adult and early literacy, children and teen reading clubs, technology, and cultural programs. Foundation members receive a variety of benefits with their membership. For more information, see .
- Make a donation by check to the Los Angeles Public Library and send it to:Support the Library, 630 W. Fifth St., Los Angeles CA 90071 or call 228-7272.
Don’t Miss: How To Go To Philadelphia From New York
Renew Your Expired Card
If you currently have an NYPL account and your card has expired, please do not apply for a new card. Duplicate records will be deleted. Learn more about how to renew your card here.
Brooklyn Public Library Card
A Brooklyn Public Library card gives you free access to all of the resources and services offered by the Brooklyn Public Library. With your card, you can borrow books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and more from any of the librarys 60 locations. You can also use your card to access the librarys online resources, including e-books, databases, and research materials.
If you forget your PIN, 311 can assist you. Visiting a library can also help you solve a problem. By using your IDNYC card, you can visit any public library in the city for free. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity because it is free and allows you to stay connected while also learning new things. If you dont already have an IDNYC card, you can get one from any public library. When you enter your birthday and month, the default PIN is two digits for the month and two digits for the day. If that doesnt work, you can reset your PIN here. You can get help if you forget your PIN by calling 311.
You May Like: How To Apply For New York State Disability
Brooklyn Public Library Hours
No matter what day of the week it is, you can always find something to do at the Brooklyn Public Library. They have a variety of activities and resources available for people of all ages. You can browse the shelves for a new book to read, use the computers to do some research, or attend one of the many events they have going on throughout the week. The Brooklyn Public Library is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00am to 6:00pm, and on Sundays from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.