Stay Close To The Actiontime Square
As one of the most well known NY Times Square hotels, the Park Central New York puts guests just eight blocks away from the sights and sounds of 42nd Street. Nothing says New York better than Times Square. With neon lights, giant billboards and towering television screens, this popular attraction buzzes day and night with non-stop excitement. Peer into ABCs glass-walled studios or mingle with wax celebrities at the legendary Madam Tussauds. For a classic Manhattan evening, take in a Broadway show and follow up with a slice of cheesecake at Roxys. Whether youre in the mood to shop, snack or simply people-watch, our Times Square New York hotel offers endless ways to stimulate your senses.
The Park Central New York hotel is conveniently located right above the 57th Street subway stop, providing easy access to the N, Q, R, W lines. We are also within 5 blocks of several other routes. Learn more about the location of our New York hotel near subway. Find more attractions near our Central Park Manhattan hotel.
Times Square New York New York United States Of America
Anchored right at the heart of Midtown Manhattan, Times Square is a famous neighborhood lined with entertainment and dining venues. It is located at the junction of Seventh Avenue and Broadway in pulsating New York City. Times Square is home to the entertainment industry and busiest pedestrian areas on the entire planet. It draws in millions of tourists each year, making it the most visited tourist attraction in the world. What makes it truly attractive are the bright lights that advertise the different establishments, including theaters that stand along its boundaries.
Times Square Street Parking
- If you choose to attempt street parking, it is best to look for street parking around the periphery of Times Square, not near the center. Drive down 6th Avenue and down the side streets from 42nd until 57th to see if there are any open spaces. After 6pm, is when there is the most availability.
- Broadway Ave has sporadic parking availability but offers the most metered parking options after 6pm. During the day parking is highly restricted and unadvised. SmoothParking is a great resource for real time street parking restrictions.
- ParkNYC parking is $3.50 an hour from 6 p.m. to midnight on weekdays, and between 6 a.m. and midnight on weekends. During the day, fees are higher, or a pass is necessary.
- Read street signs with rigor before leaving your car in a street spot. Be mindful of Alt-Parking restrictions depending on the day. Manhattan tow trucks work quickly, so be sure to check @NYCASP, for an update on Alt-Parking restrictions by zone.
Recommended Reading: Delete New York Times Account
Times Square Parking Guide
Driving to Times Square? Times Square is one of the most visited places in the world and helped NYC earn the reputation as the city that never sleeps. Everyday is high time in Times Square, so parking is consistently difficult. Read below for our tips to parking near Times Square
This guide offers insight into efficient parking and avoiding crowds around New York Citys top attraction. Below, you can find Times Square garage parking, a list of cheap Times Square parking deals, and Times Square Hotel parking options.
Parking Garage Or Lot Near Candlewood Suites Times Square
Can somebody please give me ideas of where we can park our car that’s near Candlewood Suites Times Square 339 W. 39th Street? Looking for something with a rate of something cheaper than Candlewood’s $55/night rate. We don’t mind toting our luggage a 2 or 3 blocks. Thanks!!
There is a garage on W 40th..I think the rate is 28-29 dollars for 24 hours. You could also park at Port Authority bus Terminal but I don’t know what the rate is now. It was about 35.00 a couple of years ago
Www.bestparking. com may also help
Edited: 9 years ago
You could also park at the lot at Secaucus Junction train station in New jersey, and take NJ Transit to Penn Statioin. It will then be a six block walk up Eighth Avenue from 33rd Street to 39th Street, and turn left to your hotel. This also saves you the tunnel toll in, and the annoyance of dealing with the tunnel on the way out of town.
Check the rates for the Manhattan sites that have been suggested to you. If you find one you like then you should plan to drop off the rest of your party a the hotel with your luggage, and then drive to the garage. You can probably get back to the hotel by foot. Much easier than parking first and bothering with carrying luggage.
Just reverse this at the end of your stay.
-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you’ll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
Removed onNew York City
Recommended Reading: How Much Are Tolls From Virginia To New York
Embassy Suites By Hilton New York Manhattan Times Square
At Renaissance New York Times Square hotel, all the soundproof rooms are designed with gold and blue accents and are equipped with sleek dark wood furniture. The accommodations come with floor-to-ceiling windows with a view of the city and flat-screen TVs to keep guests entertained. The property has a well-equipped fitness centre that guests can make use of. Some rooms come with a balcony with city views, perfect for those who want to enjoy sunsets with a drink in hand. Times Square is within walking distance, so you can easily explore the area.
Welcome To Ramada By Wyndham New York Times Square West
For any assistance on Accessibility Room availability and Hotel facility information, Or for any special requests kindly contact Hotel
Welcome to Ramada by Wyndham New York Times Square West, a boutique hotel thatâs just a quick walk away from Prospect Park Zoo and lake â and close to everything else New York City has to offer. For business or pleasure, depend on us. Other hotels New York NY has to offer may not provide the same quality for the price. Find us in Flatbush right across the street from Kings Theater and near bus and subway stations.
Attractions that bring people to this area include the walking trails of Brooklyn Botanic Garden, interesting Brooklyn Museum plus icon attractions like NBC Studios, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center and the Empire State Building. Weâre also a Univ Hosp-Med Ctr hotel you can trust.
We look forward to meeting you and having you as our guest at Ramada by Wyndham New York Times Square West, the right place for smart travelers. Why not come see for yourself the quality and convenience?
Read Also: Wax Musem In New York
Creation Of Washington Square
In 1826 Alderman Abraham Valentine “introduced a resolution to re-appropriate an old potters field into a military parade ground,” and the city bought the land west of Minetta Creek, the square was laid out and leveled, and it was turned into the Washington Military Parade Ground. Military parade grounds were public spaces specified by the city where volunteer militia companies responsible for the nation’s defense would train.
The streets surrounding the square became one of the city’s most desirable residential areas in the 1830s. The protected row of Greek Revival style houses on the north side of the park remains from that time.
In 1849 and 1850, the parade ground was reworked into the first park on the site. More paths were added and a new fence was built around it. In 1871, it came under the control of the newly formed New York City Department of Parks, and it was redesigned again, with curving rather than straight secondary paths.
Times Square Parking Alternatives
Avoid New York Citys heavy traffic and the time-consuming search for a suitable spotuse public transportation services or New York Citys famous yellow cabs.
- 42nd Street, Port Authority : A, C, E
- 42nd Street, Times Square: N, R, Q, 1, 2, 3, 7, S
- 49th Street : N, R, Q
- 50th Street : 1, 2, 3
- 50th Street : C, E
Also Check: When Is Rolling Loud New York
Stay For 72 Hours Up To 10 Days & Receive 30% Off Parking*
* Discount is off of hourly “Main Board” it does not apply to Early Bird or any other daily special. Offer includes oversize vehicles. There is a 24 hour minimum and 10 day maximum stay.
Customers must use coupon to receive special discount. Start saving by selecting a location from the map, and printing or downloading a coupon.
To print a coupon from your computer:
To download a coupon onto your phone:
Times Square Overnight And Hotel Parking
Overnight Parking in New York can be quite expensive. However, adequate planning and price checking can save a few dollars for your wallet. We have scraped together a few pointers and tools to help you weigh in and plan to make the best decision.
- Staying at a hotel? Sometimes hotels offer discounted parking rates for guests, making it a convenient option if you are staying in a location near Times Square. Most places offer overnight valet or self park for two different prices. If you dont mind the walk or self-parking, the price can be half as much as the valet service, so be sure to ask the concierge for details and possible deals before making a reservation.
- Feeling lucky? On street parking is definitely the most economically sound option, but also the most difficult and stressful to come by. Certain webpages and mobile apps like SmoothParking or NYCDOT offer real time street parking options by the hour. By nightfall many commercially used street spots offer free parking after 6pm, but are subject to many restrictions and alt-parking schedules. Be mindful of all signage if you choose to leave your vehicle on the street!
- Looking to plan ahead? When dealing with overnight parking, making an online reservation in certainly the most pragmatic and efficient option. Websites like SpotHero and ParkingPanda allow users to compare garage spots and lots nearby, allowing for best rates each destinations has to offer, by avoiding drive up fee inflation.
Don’t Miss: How To Submit Poetry To New York Times Magazine
New Year’s Eve Celebrations
Times Square is the site of the annual New Year’s Eve ball drop. About one million revelers crowd Times Square for the New Year’s Eve celebrations, more than twice the usual number of visitors the area usually receives daily. However, for the millennium celebration on December 31, 1999, published reports stated approximately two million people overflowed Times Square, flowing from Sixth Avenue to Eighth Avenue and back on Broadway and Seventh Avenue to 59th Street, making it the largest gathering in Times Square since August 1945 during celebrations marking the end of World War II.
The New Year’s Eve celebrations are usually overseen by thousands of police officers. Aluminum barriers are erected to accommodate spectators for the 2020 celebration, attended by a million people, barriers were erected from 38th to 59th Street and from Sixth to Eighth Avenue. Typically, the celebrations create large amounts of waste. The New York City Department of Sanitation estimated that by 8 a.m. on New Year’s Day 2014, it had cleared over 50 short tons of trash from the New Year’s celebration, using 190 workers from their crews and the Times Square Alliance.
Homewood Suites Midtown Manhattan Times Square South
A boutique hotel located in Nolita, Nolitan Hotel has rooms that come with a flat-screen TV as well as an iPod docking station. Bathrobes and slippers in the en suite bathrooms are also available in each room. Apart from that, guests can have access to the private rooftop of the hotel and free WiFi, which is available throughout the property. If you want to see what New York City has to offer, you can take advantage of the free bicycles offered at the hotel and make your way down to Times Square, which is less than 5 km away.
Also Check: Where Is The Wax Museum In New York
John F Kennedy International Airport
Hotel direction: 15.7 miles SE
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Estimated taxi fare: 68.23 USD
Get on I-678 N from 130th Pl and Bergen Rd3 min Continue on I-678 N. Take Grand Central Pkwy, I-495 W and Queens Midtown Tunnel to E 37th St in Manhattan. Take the Downtown exit from I-495 W26 min Take 3rd Ave to E 53rd St
Cookie Usage And Settings
Also Check: Where Is The Wax Museum In New York
Top Times Square Parking Resources And Coupons
- SpotHero book discounted parking in Times Square garages online or on your smartphone
- Parking Panda reserve Times Square parking online
- NYCDOT read the advice of department of transportation about public and on street parking in Times Square
- Tripsavvy See what the travel experts have to say about saving money on Times Square parking
- Smooth Parking be informed on real time parking restrictions by NYC neighborhood
- USAToday Read travel tips on parking in Times Square
Cheap Times Square Parking
Curious whats at the heart of Manhattan? Head over to the Theater District for its entertainment venues and drinking and dining scene.
With theaters all around the neighborhood, the Theater District boasts world-class entertainment and is nearby many of New Yorks most visited attractions.
Now theres nothing like our cheap parking deal for getting a spot on prime New York real estate – you can park here for an entire day starting at $14.99/day*!
Purchase a deal, pull in to your parking spot, and go watch that show.
This is where arts, music and entertainment all collide so dont miss out!
Also Check: Newyorklottery Net
Reserving A Parking Spot
Once you’ve found a lot or garage to park in and you’ve scrounged up the cash for parking, you have one last obstacle to face: finding an actual parking spot. During the busiest times of day and peak tourist season, this is no easy feat. True, New York doesn’t get to enjoy much of an off-season, as far as tourist crowds go, but things get especially busy during June and July. And as for times of day, traffic is almost guaranteed except at around 5 a.m. That said, most of the time, parking is tough to come by in Times Square.
But fear not: Companies like Parkopedia and Parking Panda allow you to reserve parking spots for future use. Parkopedia’s pricing for Times Square tends to be higher than ParkingPanda’s, and it comes in two-hour chunks. ParkingPanda is more useful for finding longer-term daytime parking, good for at least three hours, and sometimes as long as 24 hours. Simply head to one of these sites and input the day you plan to be in Times Square and how many hours’ worth of parking you’ll need, and you’ll be presented with an array of options within a few minutes’ walk of the area. You can reserve a spot online, and enjoy a stress-free parking experience upon arrival to Times Square.
Safe And Peaceful Stay
People from elsewhere sometimes get the wrong idea about Flatbush Brooklyn NY hotels or hotels near Brooklyn Museum NY, but NYC is a safe and fun city, and we want to provide you with a safe and peaceful place to stay while in the area. Depend on us to be one of the most beautiful and reliable hotels Flatbush Brooklyn NY has available. Indeed, our hotel near Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and all the area attractions is founded on serving you well, and that’s exactly what we’ll do when you make us your first choice here. We hope you will book right away for the best room â and we look forward to meeting and serving you well.
Whatâs to see and do in the Big Apple? Everything! Consider these things:
- Visit the Empire State Building to see one of the worldâs tallest and most iconic structures â and itâs not far from here.
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens is one of the nationâs best and features an experience any visitor of any type will enjoy.
- Rockefeller Center is home to NBC, including the Today Show, Jimmy Fallon, SNL and lots more â and visitors can come see for themselves.
- Radio City Music Hall features entertainment of all types, including the Christmas show with the iconic Rockettes.
You May Like: Where Is The Wax Museum In New York