Case Study: Lucys Studio
Lucy ended up using Furnishr and purchased a comprehensive furnishing package, completely avoiding the stress of furnishing her studio apartment alone. She spent a few minutes gathering accurate measurements of her new space, and then took a brief style quiz for her designer.
She was paired with Elle, one of Furnishrs dedicated designers. Together they chose the perfect items to fit Lucys budget and her style preferences.
- Size of Lucys studio: 350 square feet
- Lucys furnishing budget: $2900-3200 USD
Lucys living space is small, but its a good rectangular space that can easily be segmented into a living room and separate sleeping area.
Just 15 days after placing her order, every single piece was delivered and set up in Lucys studio, all in a single day.
Heres how Lucy furnished her studio, from empty room to mood board to finished and styled!
Lucy received all the above items in her $2999 USD Furnishr package. She was super happy to pay for a comprehensive service and save time and money on the furniture, delivery, and assembly.
I cant believe I furnished the whole apartment for just $3000 without doing any work.The transformation was miraculous!
The biggest lesson? Lucy realized her time is actually worth more than a bit of savings, especially in the midst of a big life change. Maybe it was on moving day that somebody coined the phrase Time is money!
Grand St Floor 2 Brooklyn Ny 11211
Apartment for rent
- Contacts–*BE THE FIRST TO LIVE IN THIS RENOVATED 3BED/2BATH UNIT – AVAILABLE NOW!* *VIRTUAL TOUR AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!*Newly renovated true 3Bed/2Bath apartment now available! Unit Features: open chef’s kitchen which features stainless steel appliances including a dishwasher and microwave. Main bedroom features two large closets, an en suite bathroom and can easily fit a king-size bed. Secondary and third bedroom both can easily fit queen-size bed and each have a large closet. Unit also features an in-unit washer/dryer with closet space, additional large hallway closet, secondary shared bathroom and virtual doorman! 855 Grand Street is on the same block as the Grand Street “L” train stop!855 Grand Street is professionally managed by Ankor Management. All Ankor tenants have enhanced services that include a tenant portal for online payments, maintenance issues, and a 24/7 contact line in the event of any other problems they encounter. The Ankor Management team is here to help every step of the way from move in to move out, our team will make the process as seamless as possible!Read less
How Much Are Utilities In Different Apartment Sizes
Utility costs differ depending on the bedroom type. Not surprisingly, utilities are going to be cheaper in a space that has smaller square footage like a studio or 1-bedroom than a larger space.
- The average utility bill for a studio apartment is $114.66
- The average utility bill for a 1-Bedroom apartment is $125.01
- The average utility bill for a 2-Bedroom apartment is $194.60
Read Also: How I Met My Wife New Yorker
How Much Is The Average Gas Bill
The gas bill can be a bit tricky. Hot water, heating, and your stove could all impact your gas bill. Your average gas bill will likely be around $30-$50, but it’ll depend on your appliances, where you live, and usage. Natural gas appliances tend to be cheaper than their electric counterparts, something to consider while apartment hunting.
Your gas bill and electric bill will typically be lumped together. Going on your utility providers website and looking at a bill summary will give you an overview of your gas and electricity usage.
How To Save Money On Your Water Bill
Water is a precious resource that most tend to take for granted due to its convenience. Careless water usage can not only affect your water bill, but it can have detrimental effects on the environment, causing groundwater tables to drop and decreasing water accessibility to wildlife.
To take a stand for the environment , it’s crucial to be more conscious and mindful of your water usage. Here’s how you can reduce your water usage.
- Invest in a dishwasher. Washing dishes by hand can use up to 27 gallons of water per load. Using a dishwasher uses just 3 gallons of water per load. Simple.
- Run your washing machine only when you have a full load. We’re all guilty of washing a load of laundry that doesn’t even fill half the washer’s load capacity. However, these extra washes mean extra loads. Using an ENERGY STAR certified washing machine can result in 25% less energy use and 33% less water usage than a regular washer.
- Is your toilet running? No, that’s not the start of a prank call. It’s a legitimate water-waster. Running toilets are those that continuously use water to fill the toilet bowl. These toilets need repairing or replacement. They can cause a loss of up to 26 gallons of water per day.
- Take shorter showers. A single bath can use up to 50 gallons of water, whereas a 10-minute shower can use as little as 25 gallons of water. Treat baths as a rare treat, and stick to short showers on a daily basis.
Cost Breakdown Of Furnishing Your New Living Room
Average Retail Cost to Furnish a Basic Living Room?$2,050 3,150
Heres a breakdown of essential living room furniture and their typical retail costs. Remember, this is brand new furniture directly from the retailer.
ITEM ONE. Sofa + Accent Chair, or Sectional Sofa: $1800-2600
- Otherwise, if you have a small living space, use a sectional sofa. Remember, the smaller the space you have, the fewer pieces of furniture you should have!
ITEM TWO. Coffee Table: $120-260
ITEM THREE. Floor Lamp: $130-290
- PRO TIP: Note the locations of all your outlets to help you plan your lighting scheme.
Offering Apartments For Sale In Nyc
When you need a real estate agent to sell your apartment, Caliber is there for you also. We’ll provide you with efficient, effective comprehensive services and solutions designed to get the value you want from the sale of your property. Whether you want to rent, buy or sell, Caliber Associates is your trusted resource for the best value in New York City real estate. Call us today at 867-9601 to discuss how we can help you. Or feel free to e-mail us at .
Don’t Miss: Wax Museums New York
Neighborhoods In New York
Brooklyn is known as Manhattans cheaper, cooler borough. Its a hip place to live, with everything from swanky rooftop soirees, street art, and beer gardens to bohemian bungalow communes and village-like neighborhoods with vintage-cool cottages. Plus, youll have the 100-year-old roller coaster known as the Coney Island Cyclone.
Rental prices are still sky-high in much of this popular borough, though you can get a little more bang for your buck: like a window, a small yard, or a bathroom that you wont have to share. If you can handle the commute, then rental prices on the far south and east sides of Brooklyn are a bit more reasonable.
Queens is beautiful, spacious, and diverse – even by New York standards. There are over 138 different languages spoken here, and half the population is made up of immigrants. The character and spice contrast downtowns glitz and glamour in the best possible way. Here, you can smoke shisha in Little Egypt, dance like a Dominican at Jubilee, eat the best Xiao Long Bao in the city, and pick up $2 rib-filled pastries at Cheburechnaya .
The most popular neighborhoods in Queens are Long Island City and Astoria, where youll find plenty of nightlife, concerts, green spaces and yoga in the park. Also, be sure to check out the Queens Botanical Garden, Queens Zoo, the Noguchi Museum, Queens Museum, Queens County Farm Museum, Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, and the Louis Armstrong House.
How Much Is The Average Electricity Bill
For a typical one-bedroom apartment with no A/C or heater usage, your electricity bill will likely be around $30-$50.
Your electricity bill will likely be the largest portion of your total utility bill, so its important to know what youre paying for. Two major contributing factors will determine the extent of your electricity bill.
1. The Size of Your Apartment: The bigger the home the more space youll have to heat or cool if those appliances are electric. Consider both your floor space and the height of your ceiling. Both can impact your electric bill total.
2. The Number of Roommates: This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you have multiple roommates, that means you’re using more lights and appliances, and more phones are being charged. Prepare for your electricity bill to be significantly higher if you live with roommates.
How Much Is The Average Internet Bill
Another apartment essential that people may overlook is the internet bill. The cost of an internet bill for your typical internet user will be around $30-$60 a month. However, before choosing your internet service plan, think about your usage.
Consider how many devices will be using the internet and what theyll be doing. If you just casually browse the web or social media, you can make do with a cheaper plan. Speeds of about 6-10 Mbps should be adequate for your usage.
For internet activities that require more data such as video streaming or online gaming, youre going to need faster speeds. Look for a plan with speeds of at least 20+ Mbps. If you’re a remote worker and want to get rid of any lag issues, youll want to bump that up to 50+ Mbps.
If your internet connection is spotty, look into Wi-Fi extenders. These can provide you with a more steady connection without you having to upgrade your plan.
Buying Renting Or Selling New York City Real Estate
You Need Caliber Associates, the Trusted Resource for New York City Real Estate.
Looking for the best real estate deals in New York City? Maybe you’ve got apartments for rent in NYC? Perhaps you want to sell your New York City real estate?
Renting, buying or selling New York City apartments, lofts, co-ops or other properties can be a frustrating and stressful experience. You need someone who can help you find the best opportunities for you. So whether you’re a renter, buyer or seller, you need a real estate firm you can trust. A real estate firm specializing in New York City that appreciates your needs and expectations and understands the difficulties you face.
Don’t Miss: How To Pay A Ticket Online New York
Average Rent By State 2021
Housing costs vary from state to state, and it seems as though rent prices all across the United States are increasing. That’s because, in most states, it is. The U.S. rental market has seen an increase in the demand for apartment house rentals. Renting is often seen as an affordable alternative to buying a home, with less stress and commitment however, rent prices in major cities and metro areas around the U.S. are becoming increasingly expensive. That is until the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
The average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment in 2020 was $1,098 a month.
The United States is facing an affordable housing crisis. Access to secure, high-quality housing at an affordable price has become increasingly difficult and seemingly impossible in some areas. Rent costs are rising faster than wages across the U.S., putting pressure on people to make rent each month, let alone their other bills and obligations. There are three main reasons why rent is so high now: the Great Recession threw off the rental market, the construction of housing is too expensive, and lawmakers have neglected programs that could solve the problem.
From 2019 to 2020, the average rent increased in 39 states and decreased in 12 states, including the District of Columbia. Vermont saw the largest rent increase of 3.07%, and D.C. saw the largest rent decrease of 1.45. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment decreased in the following states:
Overview Of New York Taxes
Property taxes in New York vary greatly between New York City and the rest of the state. In New York City, property tax rates are actually quite low. The average effective property tax rate in the Big Apple is just 0.88%, while the statewide average rate is 1.69%.
|Enter Your Location|
|of Assessed Home Value|
Also Check: Name Change Ny State
Myrtle Ave #2 Brooklyn Ny 11205
Apartment for rent
- Contacts–Impressive 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom duplex with 2 home office spaces with 1400 square feet! Plenty of natural light throughout. Master bedroom has en-suite bathroom, huge walk in closet with 2 more regular closets. Close to grocery stores, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, ect. Conveniently located near the G train, making transportation a breeze! Private terrace with patio furniture included!Apartment Features:- Hardwood Floors- Gas Stove- Separate living and dining area- In Unit Washer and Dryer – Central AC- Virtual Doorman- Duplex- Private Terrace- Ample closet/storage space throughoutRead less
- Community features: On Site Laundry Available
It looks like this property has missing facts which can affect the accuracy of home value estimates.Is this your home? and update home facts!
Nearby schools in New York
The GreatSchools Summary Rating is based on several metrics.
Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are provided by a third party and are subject to change. They are not guaranteed to be accurate, up to date, or complete. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries.
Rents Across The Boroughs
If you have a limited budget, you can kiss New York Citys hot spots goodbye. You wont be gazing out over Central Park or walking to Times Square unless you have Olympian calf muscles and marathon-worthy walking shoes.
New York City is divided into five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island. Most of the examples below represent individual neighborhoods within the boroughs, particularly within Manhattan and Brooklyn, as they feature the most dramatic price fluctuations. For Staten Island and The Bronx, rents are averages for the borough as a whole.
Rental data for a one-bedroom apartment is compiled primarily from RENTCafé and is in order of ascending rents within each borough.
Don’t Miss: Can I Register A Car Online In New York
Caliber Knows New York City Real Estate
We’re Caliber Associates, and we are the trusted resource in New York City real estate. We pride ourselves on offering professional, personable service designed to make your experience as pleasant and easy as possible. Caliber Associates has inside connections and great relationships with landlords, sellers and buyers throughout the New York City area. And when you are a client of Caliber, we work with you one-on-one to meet your expectations and needs.
Searching for Affordable Apartments for Rent in NYC? We know how frustrating it can be to find affordable apartments for rent in NYC. If you’re searching on your own, it’s exhausting trying to chase down every lead and find the best possible deal. Navigating the maze of offerings of apartments for rent in NYC is complex and time consuming.
At Caliber, we’ve established relationships throughout the city so we can not only find the most affordable apartments for rent in NYC, but locate apartments featuring the amenities you want in the location you desire. And we’ll be there with you throughout the rental process, making it simple and easy to find your apartment and get you moved in quickly. When you need affordable apartments for rent in NYC, make Caliber your first stop for the best deals in New York City real estate.
How To Save Money On Your Electricity Bill
The best way to save money on your electricity bill is to target habits and appliances that drive costs up. Fortunately, its easy to identify major electricity drainers, such as A/C usage and continuous light usage.
Here are some of the biggest electricity drainers and how to reduce their use.
- A/C & /or Space Heater: These two appliances combine for over 32% of residential electricity usage. Thats an insane number! Though you dont have to toss these appliances to the curb, simply reducing your use of them can result in big savings.
- Water Heater: Water heating makes up 14% of residential electricity usage. Simply turning your water heater down a few notches can help to reduce your costs. Most water heaters are set to 140, but only need to be set at 120.
- Lighting: Lighting makes up over 10% of electricity usage in the average American household. Invest in energy-efficient LED light bulbs and remember to turn down the lights, to save in this category.
- Electricity Provider: Have you done a cost analysis of electricity costs by provider? If not, get on it you could be overspending. Switching providers takes less than 5 minutes. That can save you up to 40% a month.
Read Also: Can I Register A Car Online In New York