Our Best Short Term Rentals In New York
The best short term rentals in New York are spread all over the city. It can be difficult to choose which apartment or which neighbourhood to spend your vacation in. Therefore, travellers must determine their budget and then choose which apartment will be right for them.
Let us have a look at some of the best short rentals in NYC that we have:
All these apartments have beautiful furniture, spacious rooms, and an equipped kitchen. It also has luxury linens, towels, mattresses, and other amenities that help in making the stay comfortable.
Transportation In Manhattan Ny
Getting around Manhattan is best done on foot, via the subway or bus, or in a cab. Renting a car is not recommended. Many Manhattan residents dont own vehicles and the infrastructure of the city is designed with mass transit as a priority.
The subway system is affordable and easy to use. Maps and schedules can be found online and they are also posted on the poles at the bus stops. If you plan on taking a taxicab you should only use the yellow licensed ones. The fare is determined by the meter, as well as a customary 10-15% tip for normal service.
How Can You Spot A Scam
Unfortunately there are many scams associated with short-term rentals. How to avoid them? Consider the source. Unless youre working with a reputable firm or agent, be on guard.
Be especially aware of postings by individual tenants rather than the landlord. Dont be afraid to ask questions to make sure a renter has the ability to sublet the apartment. You also have every right to speak directly to the landlord. If the answer is no, walk away.
Go with your gut: If a listing looks too good to be true, it most likely is. Size up the photos, floor plan, and price.
Kostiw offers this cautionary tale in which a prospective renter of a short-term rental did some sleuthing, saw the apartment had recently been sold, and contacted her as the selling agent to confirm if the apartment was legitimately available for rent or if it was a scam.
“It was a scam, of course. The apartment was not for rent, and the list price was much too low for a three-bedroom unit,” she says.
What’s more, furnished rentals are always going to be more expensive than unfurnished, so beware of any unreasonably low rates.
You May Like: Are Marriage Licenses Public Record In New York
What Are The Most Popular Neighborhoods To Live In New York
Short Term Furnished Rentals In Nyc: 3 Airbnb Alternatives
A popular alternative to hotel rooms, short term apartment rentals can be booked for just a few days up to a few months, with no long-term tie-ins.
Usually found in well-connected locations, apartments available for weekly rentals or monthly rentals provide self-catering facilities and extra living spaces, and are favoured by city breakers and business travellers alike. There are a huge number of short stay apartments in New York, meaning youll always sure to find one that suits your budget and needs. With Airbnb dominating the market, it can be tricky to shop elsewhere. But if youre seeking a short term apartment rental in New York and like the idea of the simplicity of a hotel booking but with added amenities, weve dug deep and selected three of our favourite online options.
Founded in 2013, Blueground offer fully-furnished apartments with flexible leases for stays of one month or longer. Unlike Booking.com, stays of more than a month come with significant savings, as the longer your stay the cheaper the rates become. In New York the company list over 300 apartments in some of the citys most desirable districts, and when we conducted a search, we found prices from $2,870 per month for a studio apartment. Their professionally-managed, turnkey properties include everything from studios to one and two-bed apartments. The online booking process is easy and theres also a 24-hour support service accessed via a guest app.
You May Like: Georgetown Apartment Homes Manhattan Ks
The 9 Best Speakeasy Bars In Manhattan
1. PDT: Party like its 1925 at this bar concealed behind an old phone booth.
2. Apotheke: The bartender is your own personal alchemist at this hot jazz bar.
3. The Garret: This is the place for the best cocktails and views in the West Village.
4. Peppis Cellar: Tucked beneath an Italian restaurant, enjoy retro vibes and a Manhattan in intimate surroundings.
5. Attaboy: Enjoy the personal touch as bartenders create unique cocktails based on your specific tastes.
6. Employees: Only Perfect for a late-night adventure, staff pair cocktails with gourmet fare.
7. Angels Share: An elegant, hideaway venue, it’s straight out of the Great Gatsby.
8. The Poni Room: Utter the secret code word to enter this aquatically-themed Bowery bar hidden behind a restaurant.
9. B Flat: Follow the music to find this ultra-chic Church Street jazz lounge.
What Are Some Short
For one turn-key approach to renting a furnished apartment, consider co-living companies. Some of these companies offer minimum stays as short as 30 days and some allow residents to hop from property to property.
Another option is to work with agencies that specialize in furnished short-term stays.
Some of these enterprises were founded by folks who say they were frustrated by their own extended-stay experiences. These networks of furnished rental options are based on a hospitality business model, so you are dealing with an investor-backed business instead of individuals.
Keep in mind that furnished rentals do come at steeper prices than unfurnished rentals, but you’ll be recognizing significant savings over an extended hotel stay . You’ll also need to avoid doing damage to the furnishings or end up having repair or replacement costs deducted from your security deposit. On the other hand, extended-stay hotel residences offer more flexibility in case you don’t want to commit to a full month visit.
As with any rental, you will find the greatest inventoryand highest rental ratesfrom June through September, so if possible, take advantage of price drops from December through March.
Being flexible also helps. You may have to make compromises regarding having a doorman or being in an elevator building or settle on an earlier or later move-in date.
The following agencies and companies are well reviewed and worth a try.
Read Also: Is Hamilton Playing In New York
Searching For Short Term Apartments For Rent In Manhattan Ks
Maybe youre looking to check out a new city before you commit to a more permanent move. Maybe youre under contract for a new temporary job, or you travel for work and need a temporary apartment. Whatever the case, Zumper is here to help you find the perfect short term apartment for rent in Manhattan, KS. Plans change often, and its important to have an apartment that can accommodate those varying circumstances. How much can you expect to pay for a short term apartment in Manhattan?
What exactly constitutes a short term apartment? These rentals are defined by lease lengths varying from 1 month or 3 months to 6 months. Short term availability can vary, so you’ll want to make sure you read through the listings to make sure the lease length and start date matches your needs. Whether youre looking for a short term rental in a house, townhome, condo, or apartment, weve sourced the best short term apartments for rent. Now its time to filter these selections by your needs and desires and get settled for your short term stay.
Manhattan rent data for:
The 6 Best Museums In Manhattan
1. Metropolitan Museum of Art: This NYC staple is a great place to start. Since 1880, this Central Park favorite showcases artifacts up to 5,000 years old, including an ancient Egyptian temple. It has an enormous collection of works by international artists.
2. The Museum of Modern Art: This institution will appeal to your contemporary senses. Come here to see some incredible works of art by Warhol, Picasso and many more
3. 9/11 Memorial Museum: Head to the museum and memorial at Ground Zero, a somber but important site. A poignant memorial of New York’s character, it also demonstrates how a city recovers after a horrifying tragedy.
4. American Museum of Natural History: Open your mind to the wonders of the world here, where extinct creatures such as the mammoth and T-Rex come to life.
5. Guggenheim: A work of art in itself, the Guggenheim showcases daring, abstract, and expressionist works.
6. Tenement Museum: This immersive museum tells the stories of the many working-class immigrants who landed in New York.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Watch Miraculous New York
Feel New York’s Pulse From Your Condo In Manhattan
Even if you’ve never considered yourself a big city person, it’s hard not to fall in love with Manhattan. Whether you’re taking in the dazzling lights at Times Square, or devouring a delicious meal on the Lower West Side, your time in New York City will be full of delights. Experience the city like a local by renting your own place. Apartments come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from chic loft spaces to spacious family pads.
Bedly By Outpost Club
If you are open to a shared space, Bedly by Outpost Club is an option. The co-living company has furnished short-term rentals in mostly Brooklyn neighborhoods but also Harlem, Ridgewood, and Jersey City.
Like other co-living companies, Outpost Club handles the entire rental process, including matching you to roommates. You can also opt to rent an entire apartment to yourself. Leases are available for one to 12 months.
The costs: All leases require a refundable security deposit, though if you cannot afford that upfront amount, you can apply for financing to cover the deposit this involves a setup fee of $49 and a monthly fee of around 1 percent, depending on your risk level. Utilities and wifi will run you an extra $75 per month twice-monthly cleaning is included in the rent.
Price and square footage can vary, and by a lot. A one-month rental in Bushwick could range from $750 for the top bunk in a male-only shared room to $1,470 for a private room with private bath and over $3,500 for the entire shebang.
The upshot: You’re not just renting a room, you’re getting access to social activities, with movie nights and other planned activities. You can also try out the different neighborhoods before establishing more permanent roots.
You May Like: C& j Restaurant In Brooklyn
What Are The Best Options For Student Housing In Nyc
Can I Find Short Term Rentals In Upper Manhattan
Short-term rentals come in all shapes, sizes and budgets in Upper Manhattan. Whether you’re organizing a mini break with the family or a few nights on your own, Vrbo will help you find the ideal property. Here are some top-rated options:
- Near the center of Harlem, “Beautiful Harlem Brownstone Garden Apartment” is well suited to a quick stay. Use it as a base to check out well-known attractions nearby, such as Times Square and Broadway.
- Explore the best Harlem has to offer from “Stylish Historic Restored Brownstone Loft Style Accommodation”. If you choose this popular property, Broadway and Empire State Building are some highlights to put on your to-do list.
You May Like: Must Do When Visiting New York
What Are The Best Large Group Vacation Rentals In Upper Manhattan
If you’re planning to take a memorable trip away, don’t go alone take the whole crew. You’ll have more fun sharing your experiences with the ones you love the most. These vacation rentals in Upper Manhattan are perfect for larger groups:
- “Gorgeous 3 Bedroom 2 Train Stops From Times Square And Central Park No Parties”: With 3 bedrooms, this vacation rental in Hamilton Heights has enough room for you and all your friends. Amenities like a garden and a kitchen will keep everyone in your group happy.
- “Unique Space For 14”: Located in Hamilton Heights, this sizable stay has 5 bedrooms and is another favorite for a fun family break. There’s plenty to keep guests comfortable and content, such as a kitchen and a porch.
Transportation In Manhattan Ks
Like most places in the south, you are going to need a car or truck to get around in Manhattan. That said, theres little in the way of traffic. Even during rush hour, dont expect to spend more than 10-15 minutes getting from one corner of Manhattan to the other.
Thanks to Green Apple Bikes, the new bike share program, Manhattan folks can borrow free bicycles to use around town. There are six stations located from the Bluemont Hotel to downtown Manhattan, each equipped with a line of beach cruisers.
Read Also: How Much Do Paralegals Make In New York
What Are The Top Vacation Rentals In Upper Manhattan
From luxurious houses to affordable cabins, Vrbo has properties to match every taste and budget. Here are some of the top vacation rentals in Upper Manhattan:
- “Harlem Hideaway Parlor Apartment”: If you’re after somewhere in Harlem with 1 bedroom and plenty of home comforts, this getaway will tick your boxes. Amenities include a nearby laundromat and a DVD player.
- “Beautiful Harlem Brownstone Garden Apartment”: Book a few nights or more at this escape in Harlem and you’ll have access to a toaster, a stovetop and more. It has 2 bedrooms to accommodate the ones you love.
For even more great options, use the search bar at the top of the page to find the perfect Upper Manhattan vacation rental for you.
What Are The Best Romantic Weekend Getaways In Upper Manhattan
Whether you’ve been paired up for a few months, a decade or an eternity, there’s nothing like a romantic weekend getaway to keep the flames of love burning. If you’re after a dreamy place to spend a couple of days with your boo, take a peek at these retreats:
- Enjoy some “us time” at “Harlem Hideaway Parlor Apartment”. This Harlem rental is custom-made for romance, with amenities like a fireplace and beauty services to help set the mood.
- Another attractive option is “Harlem Hideaway Studio Apartment” in Manhattan. Enjoy amenities here including beauty services and a dining table, as well as each other’s company.
Read Also: Why Are Flights To New York So Expensive
What Are The Top
Give these vacation homes a gold medal! The following weekend stays in Upper Manhattan have all received top marks from our very satisfied guests:
- “Beautiful Harlem Brownstone Garden Apartment”: Gift yourself a couple of days of rest and relaxation at this lovely retreat in Harlem. Along with a chilled-out vibe, it comes with towels and an oven. Eager to get outdoors and see the sights? Natural attractions including New York Convention and Visitors Bureau and Fraunces Tavern Museum are not too far away.
- “Stylish Historic Restored Brownstone Loft Style Accommodation”: Another appealing choice, this getaway in Harlem features free toiletries, high-speed internet services and more. Stehli Beach and Bicentennial Veterans Park at Weir Creek are nearby when you want to get your fix of Mother Nature.
Iconic Landmarks In Nyc
1. Central Park
With so much to discover, it’s no surprise that Central Park is the most visited urban park in the United States. Take a horse and carriage ride, explore The Ramble and Lake, or check out the observation deck at Belvedere Castle.
2. Statue of Liberty
The iconic Statue of Liberty is best viewed by boat, and you can do this by taking a ferry ride across to Staten Island. Tours of the statue are available, with amazing views rewarding those who ascend the 354 steps. Combine your visit with a boat trip to Ellis Island.
3. Empire State Building
Take a thrilling elevator ride up to the Observation Deck on the 102nd floor for incredible views over the city. Year-round exhibitions are also found here, spanning a wide range of topics.
4. Bryant Park
This beautifully maintained park in the center of Manhattan is the perfect place to escape the big city hubbub. Watch a free movie screening, ride the carousel, or simply hang out on the grass playing pétanque whilst soaking up the atmosphere.
5. Rockefeller Center
If you’re not at the Rockefeller Center for a live television screening, don’t despair – visit the Top of the Rock Observation Deck. The vacations are a great time to visit as well, especially for the skating rink and famous giant Christmas tree.
Recommended Reading: Who Are The Owners Of The New York Times
Weather In Manhattan Ks
Manhattan experiences all four seasons. The summers are hot and humid, with occasional heat waves sending temperatures over 100 degrees. Manhattan winters are cold and dry, with average temperatures between 20 and 40 degrees. Spring and Fall are gorgeous.
In Manhattan, tornadoes are always a risk. This is Kansas, after all. However, Manhattan doesnt experience as many tornadoes as the rest of Kansas, or other areas along the stretch known as Tornado Alley. That said, its a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Most Manhattan rentals feature basements or nearby businesses that provide safer structures during a tornado warning.