What A Patient Care Associate Does:
- Provides clients with accurate information regarding Planned Parenthood services, including questions pertaining to contraception, options, and funding sources.
- Prepares clients for exams and assists in exam room when needed.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs , and records information on patients’ charts.
- Screens financial, medical and social history with correct documentation of pertinent information.
- Training will be provided in order to collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician.
- In coordination with licensed staff, provides client follow-up on lab results and referrals.
- Provides pregnancy testing, information and referral, schedules PT clients for followup family planning or other appropriate services.
- Provides direct service in all the clinic specific areas including family planning, abortion and prenatal, as appropriate to scope of services and clinics.
I Have Insurance Or Medicaid
Planned Parenthood in Bronx, New York take the following insurance:
- United Health Care
Planned Parenthood in Bronx, New York accept many private and public insurance plans. If you don’t see your insurance listed, please call them at
Most health insurance plans now cover prescription birth control, annual wellness exams, and HIV and STD screenings with no copay, and many other services with some copay required. Contact your health insurance company directly to confirm that the services you need are covered and what, if any, out of pocket costs you are required to pay.
You Have The Right To Receive A Good Faith Estimate Explaining How Much Your Medical Care Will Cost
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who dont have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the cost of services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency services. This includes related costs like medical tests and prescription drugs.
- If you schedule your appointment at least 3 days in advance, make sure your provider offers you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your appointment. You can also ask your provider for a Good Faith Estimate before you make an appointment.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute it.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
You May Like: What Is The Average Rent In New York
Here’s What You Need To Know About Birth Control At This Health Center:
If you qualify, you may be able to receive certain birth control services without a pelvic exam.
Patient need not have an annual exam first. If she had an annual done elsewhere within the past year, she should either have records faxed over before coming in for the appointment, or bring in the records with her when she comes into the clinic for her appointment. If she can’t bring in her records or hasn’t had an annual within the past year, she may still get pills or the birth control shot for 6 months before needing an annual exam.
The Expanded Planned Parenthood Bronx Will Create A Healthier Community
Improved community access to high-quality reproductive health care and dramatically increased patient volumes are made possible by the expansion of the Planned Parenthood Bronx Health Center. The existing health center that occupied the 2nd floor of a multi-tenant commercial building is doubled in size by expanding to the 3rd floor. The design for the new space incorporates the distinctive brand identity and clinical planning developed by SYA for the earlier Planned Parenthood Queens location. A naturally lit open team workspace for medical professionals serves as the nerve center of the clinic, enabling a team-based approach to patient care to ensure an outstanding patient experience. The two floors are connected by a new light filled communicating stair enclosed in fire-rated glass, allowing clinical services to be seamlessly provided with efficient patient and staff flow. The project also included a new space on the 4th floor for Planned Parenthoods Project Street Beat and Education programs, with spaces for counseling and support groups for adults and young people, and a flexible multipurpose room for community workshops and training sessions.
Read Also: How Do I Get An Old New York Times Newspaper
Hormone Therapy Self Injection Videos
There are two types of hormone self-injections: intramuscular injections and subcutaneous injections.
An intramuscular injection is a way of injecting medication deep into the muscle tissue.
A subcutaneous injection is a way of injecting medication into the subcutaneous tissue that is directly under the skin.
Planned parenthood hormone injection videos are accessible to people who are hearing impaired or who need the video transcripts for any other reason.
Is There A Copay At Planned Parenthood
Copays usually range from $10 to $35, but it depends on the insurance company and your type of plan. Copays have to be collected at the beginning of your appointment, unless you have signed up to have the Family Planning Benefit Program pay the cost for you. Most Medicaid plans require no copay and can also get assistance through Prescription Coupon.
Recommended Reading: How Much Is The Double Decker Bus In New York
What Are The Closest Stations To Planned Parenthood
The closest stations to Planned Parenthood are:
About This Health Center
Planned Parenthood is one of the nations leading providers of high-quality, affordable health care, and the nations largest provider of sex education. With or without insurance, you can always come to us for your health care.
The vast majority of federal money that Planned Parenthood in Bronx, New York does receive goes toward preventive health care, birth control, pregnancy tests and other womens health services.
Also Check: What Plays To See In New York
How To Take The Abortion Pills And What To Expect
You have to take 2 sets of pills for your abortion. These pills have close to the same name, but are different. You will take a pill at the clinic on Day 1. You will take other pills at home on Day 2 or on Day 3.
- The pill you will take at the clinic is called mifepristone
- The pill you will take at home are called misoprostol
Day 1 At the clinic?
You will take a mifepristone pill at the clinic. You will also get antibiotic pills to take. Please make sure that you take all of the antibiotics we give you.
Getting ready for Day 2 or 3
You will bleed and have cramps after you take the misoprostol pills at home. So youll want to plan ahead before you take them:
- Choose a time when you can be private and rest for awhile after you take them.
- Plan to have someone you trust on hand to help you out.
- Buy maxi pads, pain medicine, food, and anything else you will need to make yourself relaxed.
- Have books or videos to help you pass the time.
Day 2 or 3 Take the misprostol pills?
- You will take the misoprostol pills at home on Day 2 or 3 .
- Take the anti-nausea pills, if we gave them to you, and pain pills to prevent cramps. You can use ibuprofen . Follow the directions on the bottle. Do not take aspirin, because it will make you bleed more.
- Wait 30 minutes.
- Take the 4 misoprostol pills. Put 2 pills on one side of your mouth, and the other 2 on the other side of your mouth. Wait 3 minutes for the pill to dissolve. After 30 minutes, swallow what is left of the pills
Things to know:
Planned Parenthood Expands South Bronx Location
MOTT HAVEN, the Bronx A newly expanded Planned Parenthood in the South Bronx is working to change the narrative that the area has poor access to health care.On Tuesday, employees and partners gathered at the Planned Parenthood Bronx Health Center on E. 149th Street to celebrate at the ribbon cutting with the belief that the new space will advance health equity in the borough. Joy Calloway is the interim president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Greater New York.
This center has been in the Planned Parenthood family for decades and today, we celebrate a rebirth of sorts, Calloway said.
The new floor adds an additional 6,000 square feet of space. The upgrades, they say, will increase access to sexual and reproductive health services by more than 50 percent, making it the largest facility by patient volume. Some of the many services include routine breast exams, womens wellness exams, and STI screening.
This project is about improving health outcomes in a community that is often left out, one of which many people face barriers to health care due to systemic racism and economic injustice, Calloway said.
There are also nine new exam rooms, a private counseling room where patients can receive financial counseling and follow-up consultations, and a new clinician station that will decrease patient wait time.Marquita Rodriguez, the clinical director who has worked at this location for 20 years, says this will help staff communicate better.
Recommended Reading: Extended Stay Hotels Manhattan Ks
What Is Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood Federation of America claims to be the largest provider of reproductive health services in the United States, offering sexual and reproductive health care, education and outreach to nearly 5 million women, men and adolescents annually worldwide.
It has 650 affiliate health centers across the nation, including standalone clinics and satellite offices. The services offered at different centers vary. It estimates that 2.5 million women and men in the US visit its affiliate health centers for services and information each year, and its website receives 60 million visits annually.
According to the report, 83% of its patients were 20 or older, nearly 80% had incomes at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
The estimated 216,000 planned parenthood abortions per year are averted by contraceptive services.
Prices And Payment Information
Please contact this health center for birth control services pricing information.
Some birth control services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to have your insurance information at the time of your visit.
If you dont have insurance and need help paying for your abortion, call us. We may be able to help you with financial assistance. You can also go to AbortionFunds.org for financial help.
Also Check: Can I Bet On Sports In New York
The Bronx Center Of Bronx New York
The vast majority of federal money that Planned Parenthood does receive goes toward preventive health care, birth control, pregnancy tests and other womens health services.
The idea began at the first birth control clinic, in Brownsville, Brooklyn in 1916. Margaret Sanger, a founder of planned parenthood gained worldwide respect for founding the American birth control movement.
Heres What You Need To Know In Preparation For A Women’s Health Visit At This Health Center:
Checkups for gynecological concerns may require a pelvic exam.
For the testing and treatment of urinary tract infections, we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
For the testing and treatment of vaginal infections, a pelvic exam may be required.
A Pap test is sometimes needed during a routine checkup.
Cervical cancer screening requires a pelvic exam and Pap test.
You May Like: How Do I Share My New York Times Digital Subscription
What Are People Saying About Planned Parenthood
Here are some reviews from our users.
“What an amazing place to send your loved one to! Fantastic employees who treat everyone like kings. Would recommend to anyone”
“There the worst they make they patients uncomfortable they dont do there job right and I hate it here”
“They are so friendly and helpful at this plan parent hood, I came in needing some things done and they made it very simple for me.”
“Truly cannot say better things. I walked in for an appointment and the wait wasnt too bad. The front desk staff, nurses, and doctors were incredibly kind and helpful. So thankful for planned parenthood – especially this location!”
“I totally favor this location the most. The is always professional, friendly, and helpful. My vists are always professional, informative and just stress free with Hassel. “