The Neighbors: Ethnicity / Ancestry
Boston’s Beacon Hill blue-blood streets, Brooklyn’s Orthodox Jewish enclaves, Los Angeles’ Persian neighborhoods. Each has its own culture derived primarily from the ancestries and culture of the residents who call these neighborhoods home. Likewise, each neighborhood in America has its own culture â some more unique than others â based on lifestyle, occupations, the types of households â and importantly â on the ethnicities and ancestries of the people who live in the neighborhood. Understanding where people came from, who their grandparents or great-grandparents were, can help you understand how a neighborhood is today.
In the Manhattan Beach neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY, residents most commonly identify their ethnicity or ancestry as Russian . There are also a number of people of Ukrainian ancestry , and residents who report Italian roots , and some of the residents are also of Polish ancestry , along with some Czechoslovakian ancestry residents , among others. In addition, 50.2% of the residents of this neighborhood were born in another country.
Housing Affordability Trends: New York
Housing Affordability Trends
The Scout VisionÂ® Regional Housing Affordability Index is the ratio of the years of median household income in the region, to the median house value in the region. As this ratio becomes high, it becomes more difficult for local wages to support housing prices. As the Index approaches historical highs, it can be a warning of an overheated housing market that may be due for a pricing correction.
Because demand varies from region to region and the proportion of household income expected to be spent on housing also varies greatly from region to region, the Scout Vision Housing Affordability Index is best used to compare affordability in a region over time to assess overheated markets, rather than using the Index to compare different regions at one point in time to assess market overheating. The Regional Housing Affordability Index is reassessed and recalculated annually.
|* 10 is highest
Can I Find Short Term Rentals In Or Near Manhattan Beach
Short-term rentals are in good supply in and around Manhattan Beach. Chill out for a few days in a condo, a studio apartment or a roomy home. Whatever type of vacation rental you’re after, you’ll have lots to choose from with Vrbo. These are a few top picks:
- If you want to be close to the action, “Private Apartment With Patio, Guest Controlled Central A” is calling your name. It’s within easy reach of the heart of Manhattan Beach and a superb base to explore sights like Barclays Center Brooklyn and Prospect Park.
- “La Maison Des Sirenes 1, 20mn Away From City. Come And Live Like A New Yorker” is another tempting option. Remember to add Brooklyn Bridge Park and Brooklyn Museum to your list when you’re ready to sightsee.
You May Like: Does New York Have Free Healthcare
Water Purity And Availability
The New York City drinking water supply is extracted from the protected . As a result of the watershed’s integrity and undisturbed natural system, New York is one of only four major cities in the United States the majority of whose drinking water is pure enough not to require purification through plants. The city’s municipal water system is the largest in the United States, moving over one billion gallons of water per day a leak in the Delaware aqueduct results in some 20 million gallons a day being lost under the . The north of the city is undergoing construction of a $3.2 billion water purification plant to augment New York City’s water supply by an estimated 290 million gallons daily, representing a greater than 20% addition to the city’s current availability of water. The ongoing expansion of , an integral part of the New York City water supply system, is the largest capital construction project in the city’s history, with segments serving and the completed, and with segments serving and planned for construction in 2020. In 2018, New York City announced a $1 billion investment to protect the integrity of its water system and to maintain the purity of its unfiltered water supply.
Notable & Unique Neighborhood Characteristics
Many things matter about a neighborhood, but the first thing most people notice is the way a neighborhood looks and its particular character. For example, one might notice whether the buildings all date from a certain time period or whether shop signs are in multiple languages. This particular neighborhood in Brooklyn, the Manhattan Beach neighborhood, has some outstanding things about the way it looks and its way of life that are worth highlighting.
Notable & Unique: Real Estate
Manhattan Beach is a neighborhood that is on the ocean, a bay, or inlet. Many times, such places have amenities that bring locals and visitors to the waterfront for recreational activities or to check out the scenery. In some densely populated areas that are less financially well-off, the neighborhood waterfront can be relatively industrial and less open to recreation. In addition to being coastal, Manhattan Beach is a very nautical neighborhood, meaning that it is somewhat historic, walkable, densely populated and on the water. This gives the neighborhood a very nautical feel, with some seaside and shipping feel, which some may really enjoy the sights and sounds of.
Notable & Unique: People
In a nation where 1 out of every 4 children lives in poverty, the Manhattan Beach neighborhood stands out as being ranked among the lowest 0.0% of neighborhoods affected by this global issue.
Notable & Unique: Length of Commute
Notable & Unique: Occupations
Notable & Unique: Modes of Transportation
Also Check: How Much Is Dental Insurance In New York
Can I Find Two
At Vrbo, we’ve got places in or near Manhattan Beach to suit all styles and budgets. Here are some popular two-bedroom options for you to consider:
- Offering a kitchen and an oven, “Convenient Location Guests Rents The Entire Furnished 2nd Floor Apartment” has all you’ll need for an awesome stay. Settle in and then venture out and explore the area.
- “New To Rental 4 Bedroom Townhome With Excellent Summer Pricing. Amenities Included” is another popular two-bedroom retreat. It provides a swimming pool, a kitchen and much more.
Can I Find Studio Apartments For Rent In And Around Manhattan Beach
Studio apartments are difficult to beat when it comes to character, convenience and location. Check out these studio apartments for rent in or near Manhattan Beach and discover the local vibe and energy:
- Make “1880’s Carroll Gardens Sunny Studio” your temporary home. This wonderful property comes with amenities including a fridge and a nearby zoo.
- Another tempting option is “Lovely, Modern Garden Apartment”. Make the most of a washing machine, off-street parking options and other handy amenities during your getaway.
There are plenty of highlights around Manhattan Beach to put on your itinerary. Nourish your inner culture fan with a visit to The Brick Theater and Theatre 80.
You May Like: What To See In New York In 3 Days
What Are The Best Large Family Vacation Rentals In Or Near Manhattan Beach
Every catch-up with the family should be one to remember. Whether you’re organizing a break with the kids or a reunion with relatives, these large family vacation rentals in or near Manhattan Beach offer a home away from home with ample space for everyone:
- Invite your nearest and dearest to “Beautiful 3 Story Brownstone In The Heart Of Park Slope: Available July”, which has 4 bedrooms sleeping up to 7 guests. This getaway is located 6 miles to the north of Manhattan Beach and features amenities such as a barbecue grill and books.
- “Unique And Stylish Park Slope Brownstone Triplex” is another excellent option. It’s around 7 miles to the north of Manhattan Beach, has 4 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 7 people. Handy amenities here include a living room and a fridge.
When it’s time to venture outside and explore, there are plenty of family-friendly attractions nearby to keep everyone happy. Aviator Sports and Events Center, Brooklyn Heights Promenade and Luna Park should be top of your itinerary.
What Are The Top
If you feel the need to get away from it all for a day or two, we’ve got plenty of awesome weekend getaways in and near Manhattan Beach. Enjoy some downtime at one of these popular options:
- Book a couple of nights or more at “Lovely, Modern Garden Apartment”, around 7 miles to the north of Manhattan Beach, and you’ve got yourself the best kind of weekend break. You’ll have outdoor attractions like Battery Park and West 71st Street Historic District nearby and amenities like coffee and tea making facilities and a nearby laundromat to make the most of.
- “Charming, Convenient And Spacious 2bedroom Carroll Gardens Brownstone” is also perfect for a whirlwind vacation. Around 7 miles to the north of Manhattan Beach, this vacation rental offers amenities such as a fenced pool and ski-in/ski-out facilities. City Hall Park and Brooklyn Historical Society should be on your itinerary if you stay here.
You May Like: How Much Is A Bbl In New York
Culture And Contemporary Life
New York City has been described as the cultural capital of the world by Manhattan’s . A book containing a series of essays titled New York, Culture Capital of the World, 19401965 has also been published as showcased by the . In describing New York, author said, “Culture just seems to be in the air, like part of the weather.”
Numerous major American cultural movements began in the city, such as the , which established the African-American literary canon in the United States. The city became the center of in the early 20th century, in the 1940s, in the 1950s, and the birthplace of in the 1970s. The city’s and scenes were influential in the 1970s and 1980s. New York has long had a flourishing scene for .
The city is the birthplace of many cultural movements, including the in literature and visual art ” rel=”nofollow”> New York School) in painting and ,, , , , certain forms of , and in music. New York City has been considered the dance capital of the world. The city is also frequently the setting for novels, movies , and television programs. is one of the world’s preeminent fashion events and is afforded extensive coverage by the media. New York has also frequently been ranked the top of the world on the annual list compiled by the .
Residential Neighborhood In Brooklyn New York
Manhattan Beach is a residential neighborhood in the borough of Brooklyn. It is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the south and east, by Sheepshead Bay on the north, and to the west. Traditionally known as an Italian and Ashkenazi Jewish neighborhood, it is also home to a sizable community of Sephardi Jews and a large Russian Jewish immigrant presence.
Read Also: How To Draw A Horse New Yorker
Overview Of Manhattan Beach
Manhattan Beach apartment is situated in Brooklyn district of New York, 25 km from John F. Kennedy International airport. A microwave oven, a refrigerator and kitchenware are also offered.
Luna Park, Coney Island is 2.5 km from the accommodation, while Coney Island is 2.6 km away. Located next to St. Margaret Mary R.C. Church, the venue is 10 minutes walk from Brighton Beach / Brighton 6 Street underground station. There are such dining options as Wow Cafe and Grill, and Kebeer Draft Bar and Grill nearby. The property is nestled within reach of Brighton Beach Boardwalk.
West End Avenue & Ocean View Avenue bus stop is approximately 100 metres away.
- Children and extra beds
- There are no cots provided in a room.
Find a cancellation policy that works for you
From 6 April 2020, your chosen cancellation policy will apply, regardless of Coronavirus.
We recommend booking a free cancellation option in case your travel plans need to change.
Please check your booking conditions
Ps 195 Manhattan Beach
- 5613-19 Flatlands Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234
- Education Council President
- Breakfast, lunch and after school meal service is free for all NYC public school students.
- Menu Service Specifics
- Breakfast Time: 8:30 AM-9:00 AM
- Lunch Time: 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
- Food Service Manager: Wil Celestin
- Kitchen Phone Number: 718-648-4236
Recommended Reading: Where To Stay In New York For Couples
Province Of New York And Slavery
In the early 18th century, New York grew in importance as a while as a part of the . It also became a center of , with 42% of households enslaving Africans by 1730, the highest percentage outside , . Most cases were that of , as a New York household then commonly enslaved few or several people. Others were hired out to work at labor. Slavery became integrally tied to New York’s economy through the labor of slaves throughout the port, and the banking and shipping industries trading with the . During construction in in the 1990s, the was discovered the cemetery included 10,000 to 20,000 of graves of colonial-era Africans, some enslaved and some free.
The 1735 trial and acquittal in Manhattan of , who had been accused of after criticizing colonial governor , helped to establish the in North America. In 1754, was founded under charter by as King’s College in Lower Manhattan.
Brooklyn Community Board 15
|Brooklyn Community District 15
|4.7 sq mi
Brooklyn Community Board 15 is a that encompasses the of , , , , , , and . It is delimited by Corbin Place, Coney Island Avenue, Avenue Y, 86th street, Avenue U and McDonald Avenue, Avenue P and on the north, Nostrand avenue and Marine Park on the east, as well as by the on the south.
Its current chairman is Theresa Scavo. As of the , the Community Board has a population of 160,319, up from 143,477 in 1990 and 149,570 in 1980. Of them , 121,052 are White non Hispanic, 4,823 are , 20,229 or Pacific Islander, 123 American Indian or Native Alaskan, 340 of some other race, 3,506 of two or more race, 10,246 of Hispanic origins.26.6% of the population benefit from public assistance as of 2004, up from 16.1% in 2000. The land area is 3,166.9 acres .
You May Like: Bronx Family Court Case Lookup
Frequently Asked Questions About Manhattan Beach
- Where is Manhattan Beach apartment based?Manhattan Beach apartment is situated in Brooklyn district, in 5 minutes’ drive away from The Cyclone Roller Coaster Coney Island NY.
- What is the cost of staying at Manhattan Beach apartment?The cost of staying in Manhattan Beach apartment is $163.
- Are there any tourist attractions close to Manhattan Beach apartment?The Cyclone Roller Coaster Coney Island NY is worth visiting, plus it is set in 5 minutes’ drive away from Manhattan Beach apartment.
- Can I park a car at Manhattan Beach apartment?Yes, Manhattan Beach apartment offers a private parking on site.
- How far is the apartment from the airport?The closest airport is John F. Kennedy International, it is placed within 20 minutes’ drive from the apartment.
- What time is check-in and check-out at this accommodation?Guests of this accommodation can check in from 14:00, and check out till 12:00.
- Does Manhattan Beach apartment have easy access to public transport?Within 750 metres of Manhattan Beach apartment, guests will find Brighton Beach / Brighton 6 Street tube station.
- What restaurants are in the vicinity of Manhattan Beach apartment?Best restaurants near Manhattan Beach apartment include Wow Cafe and Grill, and Cafe Max restaurants, they are placed within 600 metres.
- Which amenities are provided in the rooms of Manhattan Beach apartment?The rooms of Manhattan Beach apartment provide a kitchenette, a dressing area and climate control.
Homes For Sale In Manhattan Beach
There are 40 homes for sale in Manhattan Beach, 2 of which were newly listed within the last week.Additionally, there are 6 rentals, with a range of $1.8K to $6K per month.Discover more Manhattan Beach listings for open houses, price reduced, foreclosures, recently sold, new home communities, and new home construction.
What Are The Best Romantic Weekend Getaways In Or Near Manhattan Beach
Nothing says “I love you” quite like planning a romantic weekend together. If you’d like to spend a couple of nights away with your other half, we’ve got some romantic getaways in and around Manhattan Beach that will whisk you off your feet:
- Located around 7 miles from Manhattan Beach, “1880’s Carroll Gardens Sunny Studio” is a perfect place for starry-eyed lovebirds. Beauty services and air conditioning are some of the amenities you’ll find here.
- Otherwise, spend a few blissful days sipping wine and canoodling at “Luxury Park Slope Brownstone. 2 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms. Outdoor. Short Term Avail”, around 7 miles from Manhattan Beach. A fireplace and a restaurant dining guide will help set the scene for romance.
What Are The Top Vacation Rentals In Or Near Manhattan Beach
Whether you’re seeking an intimate retreat for you and your sweetheart or somewhere roomy to fit the family, you’ll find some top vacation rentals in and around Manhattan Beach. Here are a couple to get you thinking:
- “1880’s Carroll Gardens Sunny Studio” is a hit with guests. Around 7 miles from Manhattan Beach, it has 1 bedroom and lots of handy amenities, including a smart TV and a hair dryer.
- Alternatively, make yourself comfy at “Luxury Park Slope Brownstone. 2 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms. Outdoor. Short Term Avail”. Around 7 miles from the heart of Manhattan Beach, it has 2 bedrooms and comes with an oven and WiFi.
For even more great options, use the search bar at the top of the page to find the perfect Manhattan Beach vacation rental for you.
Read Also: Must Do In Manhattan New York